You learn something new every day.
- Yoga originated over 5,000 years ago in India, and was inspired by Buddhism, Jainism, and Hinduism
- The word yoga means “yoke” or “union”
- There are 19 different forms of yoga and 66 OFFICIAL yoga postures (of course there are always variations to them)
- Bikram (hot yoga) is practiced in 40 degrees Celsius and 50% humidity
- Hasyayoga/Laughter Yoga is practiced in over 60 countries
- Yoga can make you live longer
- Yoga can improve sexual performance
- Yoga can alleviate allergy symptoms
- Dawn is the best time to practice yoga because the air contains the most prana which means “life energy”
- The world’s largest yoga class took place in Jiwaji University in Gwalior, India on November 19, 2005, lasting 18 minutes and involving 29,973 participants
A little bonus I found…
YOGA RECORDS… say what?!
(Press for link in new tab)
- Longest Crow Pose on fists
- Longest held Boat Pose on a balancing board
- Longest held Lotus Pose
- Longest time holding Toe Squat
Everything mentioned in this post was found on the internet. Thanks Google!